SideFX Houdini FX 17.5.258
SideFX Houdini FX 17.5.258 | 1.1 Gb
SideFX has released a new sneak peek for Houdini 17.5.258, the next update to its 3D animation and FX software. Version 17.5 introduces PDG which is designed to enhance SideFX’s procedural architecture to distribute tasks and manage dependencies to better scale, automate, and analyze content pipelines for Film, TV, Games, Advertising and VR. In addition, there have been a number of enhancements to key features such as FLIP Fluids, volumes, destruction tools and more.
Houdini 17.5.258 – Release Date May 15, 2019:
– The computation of perimeter for NURBS curves will now work for curves with non-unit bases. The same arclength computation is now also done for Bezier curves rather than using their hull. This will affect the measure sop and the perimeter intrinsics.
– The plugin will now marshal in all curves to Houdini if a linear spline input is composed of more than 1 line
– Fix for bug where Rop Fetch would fail due to a invalid path when the hip file was located at a UNC path on a Windows host.
– Fixed a bug in the Volume Source DOP that ignored object-level transform of the input for the Kill Inside SOP feature.
– Fixed a bug where the Extract Centroid SOP could generate nans when the input geometry was empty and running in Detail mode.
About SideFX Houdini FX 17.5. The release introduces the Procedural Dependency Graph (PDG), described by SideFX as a potentially industry-changing new technology.
PDG, also due to become available in a new standalone application, PilotPDG, enables users to specify the dependencies between different parts of a project’s task graph, making it possible to do anything from running simulations and renders in parallel to ‘assetizing’ entire sections of a studio’s pipeline.
SideFX also expects PDG to form the basis of new machine learning workflows within Houdini.
Other new features in Houdini 17.5 include distributed fluid simulation, a high-quality new GPU-accelerated viewport smoke shader, and updates to the Vellum multiphysics solver.
About Side Effects Software. Side Effects Software is a world leader in the development of Houdini, our advanced 3D animation and special effects software for use in film, commercials and video games. Side Effects Software has been recognized three times with Scientific and Technical awards from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The Houdini family of animation software offers digital artists an unprecedented level of power, flexibility and control based on award-winning procedural technology. The comprehensive feature set includes: modeling, rigging, animation, particle effects, dynamics, compositing, integrated rendering, and more. All Houdini applications work together seamlessly and are available for the Mac OS X, Linux and Windows operating systems.
Product: SideFX Houdini FX
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Size: 1.1 Gb
DOWNLOAD LINKS :